McClosky Reporting Bogy

George F. McClosky Gun #2 (5”) “reporting bogy” USS LaVallette DD448, January 7, 1945

When the US had air control, Eisenberg was relieved of his battle station in CIC (combat information center) on the USS LaVallette and able to sketch. Shipmate George McClosky reported an enemy plane just as this drawing was completed.

This entry was posted in Drawings. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to McClosky Reporting Bogy

1. Laura Hart says:

These drawings are so fresh, and the personalities so vital! I can’t believe these were drawn so many years ago.

2. Liz Stone says:

George, you captured the spirits of your shipmates with affection and passion for the time you shared; have graced the pages of history; and have lived to see it all on the world-wide-web! Who knew? Congratulations on A Sailor’s Diary but especially for turning 90…you’ve seen it all! XO

3. Joe Janson says:

George,

The realism you were able to portray on paper with the lookout and his sound powered phone is brilliant!
    Happy Birthday George!

Love

Joe

4. Patricia Newall McShay says:

George ! Iam so happy to hear of your of your 90th birthday!That is wonderful !! I have never forgotten the great times I had at your home.and how welcome You and Gabriella always made me feel, like part of the family.Thank you for those wonder years..I will never forget them or You ! Love, Pat

5. Steph says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Patricia Newall McShay says:

George , I am so happy to see your amazing art work again on your web site! I always have admired all of your work, and I have never seen any art work come close to your incredible skill and ability to portray the human form and nature. I have always been amazed of your skill. love ,Pat.

7. Holly says:

Happy Birthday from New Orleans George! There’s a beautiful, big full moon over the Mississippi tonight shining bright in your honor. Hope you have a wonderful celebration. Best, Holly

8. Vicky says:

Happy Birthday George.. May it be filled with much love and laughter ^_^

9. jason says:

Happy Birthday From London George! Have a blast!!

10. Loretta says:

Happy Birthday George!!!! May you have many, many more!!!

11. Milica says:

I hope you had a fantastically happy birthday, and many MANY more!! Love and light!