Relaxing on Jacob Island

U.S.S. LaVallette DD448 Jacob Island, Marshall Islands, February 5, 1944

Relaxing in the midst of hostilities.

This entry was posted in Paintings. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Relaxing on Jacob Island

1. Karin says:

Happy Birthday, George!!

• Fred Howes says:

George I am a friend of Neil VanDyne and I do wish you a happy birthday. I too am a veteran of the WW2, but saw no combat. I enlisted in the Army Air Corps(now called Air Force) when i was 17, was trained as an airplane mechanic and spent time in the Occupation of Germany in 1945-1946. I am 84 so am only a youngster to you. May God bless you as he already has, I am sure. I loved your paintings and drawings. and George you have made your mark on your world, with your military service and art talent. Live Laugh and Love George and have a great 90th birthday. Fred Howes

2. Lisa says:

When things are going South around us,we always have the option to see beauty & peace….This is a truly beautiful painting. ♥

XO, Lisa

3. Lynnet says:

That is a lovely thought– to relax even in the midst of hostilities.
    Happy birthday, George!

4. Eva Morales says:

I love your colours! Hope you keep doing this
    Eva

5. Kendra says:

Happy Birthday, George!! I love your paintings and admire your talent.

6. Laura says:

It is a privilege to see things thru the eyes of a talented artist such as yourself. Thank you! Happy birthday, George!

7. Hristo says:

For me this painting is about putting things in perspective. The idea of relaxing in the midst of hostilities inspires me! Anyone who believes it impossible to take a moment to relax and appreciate beauty in the hurried world of today should look at this painting and ponder a little bit what was it like back then…
    Thank you,George! And Happy Birthday!

8. Happy Birthday George:) You are a amazing artist! Cheers to anouther great year and Birthday. From a Canadian Girl !
    Wendy

9. lorelei says:

Your paintings and drawings are beautiful, I love your style. It’s really fascinating to be escorted through this time in history. thanks for sharing….Happy Happy Birthday Sailor! bless you, lorelei

10. Steve Paul says:

Respect and thanks for sharing. My grandfather was an Australian pilot in WW2 and I think it’s great to hear and see history. Happy late birtday from a friend of Alex Flynn.